IELTS exam in Kazakhstan was described by two very kind students, who collectively remembered this much:
Section 1. A woman called insurance company regarding the breakdown of her washing machine.
Section 2. A dialog between a newcomer and a woman who explained his main responsibilities.
Section 3. A dialog between a student and her teacher. The student wanted to change her course and explained what kind of difficulties she faced during her current course.
Section 4. A lecture about a scientist.
Passage 1. Correlation between climate and economic performance of different countries.
Passage 2. About the attitude to children in different centuries.
Passage 3. Different types of sentences, classification, different approaches to this subject (this passage was the most difficult, because it included plenty of specific words).
Writing task 1 (a report)
We had to describe a graph showing how the local council plans to redevelop the city center.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Internet shopping has increased recently. How does it make an impact on the environment? What new types of jobs should be created?
– What is your name?
– Where do you work?
– What are your main responsibilities?
– Do you have any hobbies?
– Do you like to dance?
– Do you think dancing is a good hobby?
– Do you prefer to watch movies at the cinema or at home? Why?
– Do you prefer to watch movies alone or with someone else? Why?
Talk about the kind of new law you would introduce to make the place you live in better, please say
– What law would it be?
– Will it be easy to introduce the new law?
– Will it be popular?
– Are lawyers respected in your country?
– Is it fair that lawyers are paid very well?
– Several questions regarding policeman as a profession.
– Do you agree that all policemen should have guns?