Our lovely friend R.C. took an Academic IELTS exam in Sri Lanka and remembered the questions below:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a current and a future redevelopment plan of a village. On the current plan it only had four-bedroom houses and a large forest area. On the redevelopment plan there were square-shaped parcels of residential land and a smaller forest area.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that students should acquire working experience during their gap year instead of traveling. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and include relevant examples.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like BBQ parties?
– Did you have BBQ parties in your childhood?
– Where is the best place for a BBQ party?
– What type of food is the best for this occasion?
– Do you like to have such parties with friends or family?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a place where you would like to live in the future. Please say
– Where and what it is
– How you learned about it
– What you should do to make it happen.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think young and old people have different preferences for a place to live? Why?
– Do you think people will make holiday destinations in space or on other planets in the future?
– Is it possible to develop cities while maintaining harmony with the nature?