The questions below were shared by our wonderful friend F.N. who recently took IELTS in Bangladesh:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The chart below describes the production of wheat by 5 countries in 2012 and 2020.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual chart given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The cost of public transport has been rapidly rising over the past decade. What are the reasons for this? What are some possible solutions?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– Where do you live, in a house or an apartment?
– What is your favourite room in your home?
– How did you decorate your home?
– What are some skills that you’re good at?
– Is anyone else in your family good at the same skills as you?
– Which skills would you like to improve?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe something that surprised you. You should say
– what it was
– how it surprised you
– what you did
– and explain how you felt about this surprise.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you like surprises?
– How do people express their happiness?
– What do people do to show that they are happy?
– Some people are naturally sad and some are happy, why do you think it is?
– When people are smiling, does it always mean that they are happy?
– Do you think happiness is important?