A big thank-you to our friend D.L. who took the IELTS test in Jamaica recently and remembered the following details:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A very important piece of equipment at work broke down. Write a letter to the company’s technician. In your letter
– Describe the problem
– Explain how is it affecting your work
– Say what you want them to do about it.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Computer games are becoming very popular among children of all ages and nationalities. Parents say they are concerned because these games have little educational value and many harmful effects. Do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Where did you grow up?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like wearing special clothes?
– When was the last time you wore special clothes?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a leisure activity that you enjoy doing near the sea. Please say
– what the activity is
– when you do it
– with whom you do it
– and explain why you enjoy doing this activity.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Let’s talk about global warming.
– Do you believe that global warming is a real problem?
– What are the reasons for global warming?
– What is being done to reduce the effects of global warming?
– Should there be penalties for companies that contribute to global warming?