Our friend J.W. took the IELTS test in Canada and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your colleague is traveling from another country by plane for a meeting. You have arranged the airport pickup, hotel accommodation and planned his/her meetings. Write a letter to your colleague. In your letter,
– Say when and where you will meet him/her
– Explain where he/she will stay
– Tell him/her about the other arrangements you made.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays in many countries traditional customs are less popular than in the past. Do you agree or disagree? What can parents and teachers do about this?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study
– What do you do?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Do you like it there?
– Are you proud of your country?
– What area of your country do you like the most?
– Where would you prefer to live in your country?
– Why do you like that place?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a famous person that you like the most. Please say
– Who he/she is
– What he/she is famous for
– When you came to know about him/her
– And explain what qualities you like in him/her.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think famous people have different lifestyles to others?
– Do you agree that the media should follow them?
– Why does the media do this?
– Do they have a right to live the same life as we do?