The questions and topics below were shared by P.A. who took the IELTS test in Iran in December. As you know, in 2022 no IELTS exams have been held yet, however, these topics are still great for your practice sessions. We will start posting new topics from 2022 as soon as they become available.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart describing the recommended physical activities for men and women in 3 different years in a certain country.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries plastic shopping bags are the main source of rubbish. They cause water and land pollution, and so they should be banned. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you feel about your job?
– Where do you live?
– Describe your home.
– Do you like it?
– Did you have barbeque parties when you were a child?
– What kind of food do you like to eat at a barbeque?
– Do people in your country like barbeque?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a puzzle you tried to solve. You should say
– What it was like
– How easy or difficult it was
– How long it took for you to solve it
– And explain how you felt about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How did you feel after solving that puzzle?
– How often do you do puzzles?
– Is it important to teach children to solve puzzles?
– Why do people like number puzzles?
– How popular are word puzzles in your country? Why?
– Why do children like picture puzzles?
– Why are detective stories important for children?
– Is it better for them to watch a movie or just listen to the story?