Our wonderful friend S.R. took an Academic computer-based IELTS exam in Iran and remembered the questions below. The Writing Task 1 map was recreated based on the sketch S.R. drew for us.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a plan for a new town and asked to describe it. The plan was similar to the one below:
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Today different kinds of advertising influence our life. Do the negative effects of this development outweigh the positive?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your major?
– What do you like the most about it?
– What is your favorite color?
– What color did you like as a child?
– Do you prefer to take notes on your mobile phone or on paper?
– When do you write notes on paper?
– Would your way of thinking be different when you are typing on a computer compared to when you are writing on paper?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you had to wait for something. Please say
– What you were waiting for
– What happened
– What you did while waiting
– And explain how you felt while waiting.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– On what occasions do people have to wait every day?
– Do you think people who can’t wait invent new technologies?
– Why do people hate waiting?
– Do you think in the past people used to be more patient? Why?
– Are kids better at waiting than adults?
– Can patience be thought to kids? How?