IELTS exam in Jakarta, Indonesia was shared by D (the same kind person who shared the Speaking questions yesterday), here is what she remembered:
Section 1. A conversation between two friends. One of them is planning a trip to Tucson, Arizona and asking the other person who was from Tucson for advise such as:
– what should he pack,
– what are the interesting spots to visit,
– the address and home phone number of the parents’ of the Tucson’s girl, and whether they would be available for a visit on July the 2nd.
Section 2. Radio interview between a presenter and the founder of a theme park. The questions were about:
– how he got the idea to build it,
– when (what particular event) he built it,
– how many visitors have come to the park and
– the general job description of each member of the family that took part in the business.
Section 3. A conversation between university students and their professor regarding the marketing strategy task that was given by the professor.
Section 4. A lecture about nomadic people.
Passage 1. About TV programs.
Questions: to match numbers of passages describing TV programs to the questions provided.
Passage 2. About health and safety at work.
Questions: filling in the gaps.
Passage 3. The process of nesting of some kind of turtle.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
You are a college student in an English speaking country. Write a letter containing your intention to move to a college accommodation. In your letter
– introduce yourself
– give reasons why you are not happy with your current accommodation,
– explain why you think the college accommodation will be better.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
For some people shopping is not just about buying what is necessary, but a form of entertainment. Do you think it is a positive or a negative development? Give your opinion and examples from your experience.