Our kind friend S.R. took IELTS in India very recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The table below gives information about international tourism to 8 different countries in 2009 and 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual table given in the test, it is provided for demonstration purposes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Newspapers have a significant influence on people’s ideas and opinions. Why is this happening? Is it a positive or negative situation?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like the subjects you are studying?
– Do you like sports?
– What do you like more, watching or playing sports?
– With whom do you usually watch or play sports?
– Is there a sport you would like to play in the future?
– Do you keep things instead of throwing them away?
– Which items do you usually keep? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe something that helps you concentrate. You should say
– what it is
– when you do it
– how it helps you
– and explain why you need it to concentrate.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why is concentration required?
– Which professions require more concentration than others?
– Do children need to concentrate?
– Why do people struggle with concentration these days?
– How can people improve it?
– What can companies do to improve their workers’ concentration?