An IELTS test taker from India (thanks, M!) remembered the following topics and questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. A phone conversation between an agricultural farm owner and unemployed person looking for a job.
Section 2. A diagram showing places and helping identify a suitable restaurant.
Section 3. Two students were discussing their subject and project.
Section 4. About the evolution of sea horses.
Passage 1. Different types of advertisements.
Questions: match details to paragraphs.
Passage 2. About a company dress code.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. About the history and invention of instruments.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently completed a course in college and liked the lessons given by a particular teacher. Write a letter to him/her and say
– Introduce yourself.
– When and where did you take the course?
– Why did you like those lessons?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays in many families the grandparents are responsible for bringing up children. Is it a good or bad development for grandparents? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Do you like swimming?
– How often do you swim?
– Where did you learn swimming?
– How old were you then?
– What are the benefits of swimming?
– Should swimming be promoted in schools?
– Should swimming lessons be compulsory in schools?
– Why or why not?
Talk about a situation when you were watching the sky for a long time. Please say
– What was your experience?
– Why did you watch for so long?
– Who was there with you?
– Lets talk about space.
– What planets or stars do you know?
– Did you learn about space at school?
– How often do you watch the sky?
– Why do you do it?