Two lovely IELTS test takers from India (thank you LR and PT!) remembered the following questions from their recent exams:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the manager of the Lost and Found department of the railway regarding the luggage you accidentally left on the train. In your letter,
– Give the details of your train trip
– Describe the luggage you left on the train
– Say what actions do you want him/her to take.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays a lot of importance is given to the dress and appearance of celebrities, however, some people feel it is completely unnecessary. What is your opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where do you live?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your routine on a work day?
– Who helps you the most at work?
– What time do you go to bed?
– How do you usually start your day?
– How do you prefer to spend your weekends?
– Do you spend all your weekends the same way?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a tourist attraction that you have visited. You should say
– what the attraction was
– when you visited it
– why you went there
– and say whether you enjoyed the visit or not.
Model Answer: watch this video for ideas and vocabulary
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are the most popular tourist attractions in your country?
– Do you think that some tourist attractions, such as museums or galleries, should be free to visit?
– Why is tourism important to a country?
– In what way does visiting another country benefit tourists?
– Are there disadvantages to tourism?