The questions and topics below were shared by Y.G. who took the IELTS test in India in January this year.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently saw an advertisement in a newspaper seeking volunteers to do unpaid work with local children. You are interested in this work. Write a letter to the head of the organisation. In your letter
– express your interest
– ask for details of the work that needs to be done
– let them know when you are available.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that air travel should be reduced to protect the environment. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Is it a good place to raise children?
– Do you like science?
– Which part of science do you find interesting?
– Do you think science should be compulsory in schools?
– How often do you write on paper?
– What do you like better, typing or writing on paper?
– Did you write by hand often in school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a famous person from your country. Please say
– who he/she is
– what he/she is famous for
– how he/she became famous
– and explain how you feel about this person.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do your friends like this person?
– Do celebrities portray a country’s image?
– How can they create a positive image? Why?
– Are they able to portray a country in negative light? Why?