The questions and topics below were shared by A.P. who recently took the IELTS test in India:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table describing the percentages of visitors to the UK for different reasons.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Environmental problems such as pollution and climate change affect all the people in the world. While global solutions are required to mitigate these problems, very few have been suggested. Why is there only a small number of solutions? How can these problems be resolved or mitigated?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– How may I address you?
– Tell me about your hometown.
– On what occasions can headphones be used?
– What are their benefits?
– What kind of job would you like to pursue in the future? Why?
– What are the benefits of this job?
– Would it provide you satisfaction?
– Do you like watching the stars?
– What do you like the most about stars?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a good service that you received at a certain place / on a specific occasion. Please say
– Where you received it
– What the service was
– How you felt when you received it
– And explain why you liked it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are some jobs that involve working with customers?
– What are the qualities required for such jobs?
– Apart from these qualities, what other qualities are needed?
– What are some services big companies provide to build their reputation?
– Is there a difference between the quality of service provided by big and small companies?
– Do companies need to focus on after-sale services?