Our friend F took her IELTS test in Egypt and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were asked to compare two maps of a town, before and after 20 years. The most obvious changes were a new shop that’s been built, replacement of a factory with a supermarket, an increase in the size of school, change of the road to no traffic zone. However, the other features remained relatively unchanged.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
These days many advertisements are aimed at children. What effect do you think they have? Should advertising to children be more controlled and regulated?
– Tell me your full name, please.
– Where do you live?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Do you like it?
– Will you continue living in this apartment or perhaps you have other plans?
– Do you travel by bus?
– Do you prefer underground or bus?
– Would you use a bus in the future?
– Do you think that government should improve bus services?
Talk about a useful website that you like. Please say
– what website this is
– how you discovered it
– what you use it for
– What are the effects of the Internet on children?
– Do you think that it is good?
– Does the Internet replace TV in entertainment?
– What is the role of Internet in education?
– Can you depend on it?
– Some people think that online learning will eventually replace the traditional teaching methods, what is your opinion?