The questions and topics below were shared by M.S. who took the IELTS test in Canada in January.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You came to know about a piece of equipment that would help you at your workplace. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
– describe the equipment
– explain how it might be useful at your workplace
– offer help in purchasing it
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many schools, sports lessons are part of the timetable, because it is important for both boys and girls to participate in sports. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about your hometown.
– Do you like art?
– Did you enjoy art lessons at school as a child?
– Were you good at art?
– Have you ever tried painting?
– Is painting a good hobby? Why or why not?
– Were you interested in history in school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about something you cannot live without (but not a computer or a mobile phone). Please say
– what it is
– what you are using it for
– how long you have had it
– and explain why you cannot live without it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you use social media a lot?
– Do you feel that the use of social media has increased lately?
– What are the advantages of social media?
– What negative effects does it have?
– What can be done about these problems?
– What kind of things do people share on social media?
It’s very helpful,thank you❤
That’s great, Angela, I am so glad! Thank you for the positive feedback.