Thanks to our lovely friend R.J. we are sharing the IELTS questions from her recent exam in Canada:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a flow chart showing the changes to the village after the construction of a hydroelectric dam. We had to summarise and explain them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that criminal behavior can have genetic reasons, while others believe that only circumstances can lead some people to crime. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What do you like the most about your house?
– Do you have plans to move from that house in the future?
– What kind of advertisements do you usually watch?
– Where can you see these advertisements?
– Do you watch the advertisements in full?
– Did you ever buy anything after seeing an ad?
– What did you like the most at primary school?
– How did you travel to your primary school?
– What did you do in primary school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a town or city you would like to live in, in the future. Please say
– Where and what is it?
– How did you know about this city/town?
– Why would you like to live there?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think one day you will live there?
– Why do people want to live in cities?
– What are the disadvantages of living in a city?
– Do cities affect the environment, in your opinion?
– Do you think that all cities are the same?
– How can we build cities that are environmentally friendly?