Thanks to our lovely friend R.J. we are sharing the IELTS questions from her recent exam in Canada:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a flow chart showing the changes to the village after the construction of a hydroelectric dam. We had to summarise and explain them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that criminal behavior can have genetic reasons, while others believe that only circumstances can lead some people to crime. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What do you like the most about your house?
– Do you have plans to move from that house in the future?
– What kind of advertisements do you usually watch?
– Where can you see these advertisements?
– Do you watch the advertisements in full?
– Did you ever buy anything after seeing an ad?
– What did you like the most at primary school?
– How did you travel to your primary school?
– What did you do in primary school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a town or city you would like to live in, in the future. Please say
– Where and what is it?
– How did you know about this city/town?
– Why would you like to live there?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think one day you will live there?
– Why do people want to live in cities?
– What are the disadvantages of living in a city?
– Do cities affect the environment, in your opinion?
– Do you think that all cities are the same?
– How can we build cities that are environmentally friendly?
I got same topic for speaking on my 5th aug exam. Thank you for posting it.
That’s great! Hope you did very well in the test.
Hi what else did you get for writing tasks? I have exam tomorrow