Our wonderful friends T. and K. remembered the following topics from a recent IELTS test they took in Canada:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the steps involved in production of fresh orange juice and orange juice from concentrate.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people leave their home country and go to other countries to live and work. Why do you think it is happening? Do the advantages of this trend outweigh its disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Did you always want to be in this profession?
– What do you like the most about your job?
– What don’t you like about your job? Why?
– Have you ever visited any museums?
– What kind of museums do you like?
– Do you like to visit a museum alone or in a group? Why?
– Would you like to work in a museum? Why?
– Do you like to read?
– Where do you like to read?
– What do you like to read?
– What are the benefits of reading?
– Why is reading important to you?
– Was it ever hard for you to read at a certain place?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a skill that you would like to teach others (other than drawing, cooking or writing). Please say
– What is it?
– Whom would you like to teach?
– Why did you choose this skill?
– And explain why this skill is beneficial.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are the necessary qualities to be a good teacher?
– Can anyone become a teacher?
– Is it important to have a teacher to learn something?
– Do you think a teacher should use humour to teach?
– Do you think the environment plays a major role in teaching?
– Is the current education system failing to keep up with the change in the society, in your opinion?
– Do you think Artificial Intelligence can replace a teacher?