Our friend S.Z. took the IELTS test in Pakistan a couple of days ago and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your company has sent you on a three-month course in another country. The course is coming to an end, but you would like to prolong your stay. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter,
– Describe how the course benefited you
– Explain why you would like to delay your return
– Suggest a date when you would like to come back.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many young people say that mobile phones are the most important object that they own. Does the popularity of mobile phones among young people have more advantages or disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Where do you live, in a house or an apartment?
– What is your favorite room at home?
– What makes your home special?
– Do you keep things from your childhood?
– Where do you keep your important things, such as your keys or money?
– Do you think people should spend free time at home or outside?
– Has technology changed leisure time options?
– Is there any difference between our leisure time activities now and in the past?
– Do you think you read more when you were younger compared to now?
– What type of books do you read?
– Have you ever watched the movie and then read its book?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a time when you saved some money on an item you purchased. Please say
– when and where it was
– who was there with you
– how you saved money
– and explain how you felt about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are some of the places where people go on outings and to socialize?
– Do you think that younger people do more activities than older people?
– Do you think that in the past people had more time for going out than now?