Thanks to our kind friend from Australia we are sharing the questions from her recent IELTS test:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently discovered that there are plans to build a new airport in your area and you are not happy with it. Write a letter to the local authority. In your letter,
– Say how you found out about the plans
– Explain what problems your neighborhood will face
– Suggest some possible solutions to those problems.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people like having a fixed daily routine, while others enjoy change in their lives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Do you have a favourite room in your house?
– Do you like reading?
– Do you prefer print books or e-books?
– Have you ever borrowed books from others?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a novel or a story that you enjoyed when you were young. You should say
– what it was
– how you found it
– when you read it
– and explain why you enjoyed it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Are novels written by authors from your country popular there?
– What sort of novels do often become movies or TV series?
– Is it only those sorts of novels that become movies or TV series?