This update from a recent IELTS exam in Argentina was shared by S – thanks a lot!
Section 1. A woman was asking for a temporary extension of car insurance for her brother.
Section 2. A discussion of facilities provided by different hotels.
Section 3. Two students were discussing their future dissertations with their tutor.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. The history of the Olympic torch.
Passage 2. The importance of sleep for animals and human beings.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing the usage of different roads by vehicles, in a particular country in two different years.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some say that it is more important for employers to consider academic qualifications rather than personal life experience and values when hiring an employee. Do you agree or disagree? What are positive and negative aspects of the issue?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
Describe an interesting person that you have recently met. Please say
– Where did you meet her/him?
– Why was she/he interesting to you?
– What is she/he like?
– What is the role of parents in the development of children´s character?
– Are they more important than friends and the surrounding environment?
– What is the influence of technology on human relationships today?
– Do you think it has a positive or a negative effect on the society? Why?