Our lovely friend M.K. took IELTS in the USA and was asked the following questions in the Speaking test:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What kind of work do you do?
– Do you like to travel?
– Where do you usually go?
– What was the longest trip you ever took?
– Do you use hi-tech gadgets on your trip?
– What is your opinion about the modern technology?
– Do you think technology will affect our lives more in the future?
– What kind of technology would you like to see in the future?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a city where you would like to live in the future. Please say
– What city is it?
– Where is this city located?
– How did you first hear about this city?
– And explain why you would like to live there.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you prefer to live in a city or in the countryside? Why?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a city?
– Why would older people prefer to live in the city?
– How about younger people?
– How can urban living be improved?