Our wonderful friend K.S. shared the questions she was asked in a recent IELTS Speaking test in Iran (thank you K.S!):
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Do you use any technology for your work?
– Is there a way you use technology to improve your work?
– Did you have barbeques when you were a child?
– What kind of barbeque food do you like to eat?
– Do you like to have a barbeque with your family or friends?
– Where can you go for a barbeque in your city?
– Why do you go for a barbeque?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about your favorite movie. Please say
– What is it?
– When and where did you see it?
– What is it about?
– And explain why this movie is your favourite.
Follow-up questions: Do your friends like this movie? Did you watch it together?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What movies are popular in your country?
– What genres do people like to watch the most?
– Do different age groups like the same kind of movies?
– Do young and old people like to watch the same types of movies?
– Why do some people like to watch black and white movies?
– Do you believe that every country should have its own film industry? Why?
– Do you think in the future computer graphics and robots will be used instead of people in movies?
– Is it a good or a bad development? Why?