This update about a General Training IELTS exam is courtesy of A. from Mexico. Thanks, A!
I remember a conversation about a recycling contest and how to manage the garbage.
One of the passages had four advertisements of homes for rent. Another passage was about an international student course at some college and the last one was about the research into whale songs around the Australian coasts, including facts on certain decades of the past century.
Writing Task 1 (letter)
You are about to move to an English-speaking country to study. You have a friend living there and you want to find a part-time job. Write a letter to your friend
– Explaining your scholar plans,
– Your reasons to get a part-time job,
– Suggest how he/she can help you finding a job.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
Nowadays historic buildings are being destroyed to build new constructions, is this a positive development? Explain your point of view.
My examiner started by asking about what I do, study or work, if I like my job, why don’t people like their jobs and more questions about jobs.
Talk about the most successful experience you’ve had.
– When it happened
– What was it
– Why it was so important to you.
Next questions were on the same topic:
– How the personal success may affect people’s jobs?
– How employers should recognize the success their employees reach?
And then we moved on to another topic.
– How often do you party?
– Whom do you like to party with, friends or family? Why?
– Who do you think enjoys partying the most, young people or adults?
– What you don´t like about parties?