Tomorrow is a big day for many of you and I’d like to wish good luck to everyone who has his or her IELTS exam tomorrow. I hope you feel comfortable as much as possible and do your best, the good score will follow.
If you remember anything once your exam is over, I’d love to hear from you – email me to simone[at]ielts-blog.com or use this contact form and share, because sharing is caring.
And now to the IELTS exam in Brazil, shared by E., who we all thank for these topics and questions:
In listening E. didn’t remember the topics, but remembered the types of questions there were:
Section 1: Questions to fill in the gaps, using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
Section 2: Questions of multiple choice (must choose one answer from A,B or C).
Section 3: Questions where definitions ‘A’ to ‘G’ were given (e.g. A-roof; B-peg; C:hazel; D:iron, etc) to fill in the gaps as the recording was describing them.
Passage 1: Many different hotel advertisements
Questions: matching advertisements to a few statements.
Passage 2: Ideal conditions for work (lighting, temperature, noise).
Questions: filling in the gaps using NO MORE THAN ONE WORD, filling in the gaps using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS, multiple choice questions (chose one answer from A,B or C).
Passage 3: A study about the importance of sleep.
Questions: Matching a statement to a researcher (who said what), filling in the gaps using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have bought an airline ticket, but for some reason you will not be able to travel on the day scheduled. Write a letter to the airline company:
- Providing the details of you flight,
- Explaining the situation, reasons why you cannot travel,
- Saying what you expect the airline company do to.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Films can have influence on children’s education and teach them many things. Do you think it is always a positive influence? Discuss.
- What is you complete name?
- Can I see your identification?
- Do you work or study?
- What kind of course did you have to take to be able to work in you profession?
- Do you intend to take any other course to specialize in your area?
- Do you drive a car?
- What age to you think is ideal to start driving?
Think about an event that made you happy in the recent days, you should say:
- What it was,
- Where it took place,
- Why it made you happy.
- What do you think about advertisement?
- What do you prefer, advertisements in magazines or on TV? Why?
- Do you think money can make a person happy?
- Do you think a rich person can be unhappy? Why?
- What do you think is the difference in moral values in the past and these days?
- IELTS test in Australia – September 2012 (General Training) Our kind friend A shared the topics from his recent...
- IELTS test in Australia – October 2012 (General Training) This update was shared collectively by C and K who...
- IELTS test in Brazil – March 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers D and M shared the following information...
- IELTS test in Indonesia – July 2012 (General Training) The IELTS exam below was shared by D (thank you!)...
- IELTS test in Israel – November 2012 (General Training) These topics were sent by P who took his IELTS...