A big thank-you to M.V. for sharing these recent questions from an IELTS exam in Iran. Here is what he remembered:
Part 1. A conversion about renting a car for a trip.
Part 2. About benefits of walking and proper ways to do it.
Part 3. Don’t remember.
Part 4. About animal hibernation.
Passage 1. Reviews of different restaurants.
Passage 2. About a job interview.
Passage 3. About main food flavours.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are moving home. Write a letter to your neighbours to say goodbye to them and to thank for their help during your stay. In your letter
– Explain how they helped you.
– Say what you will miss the most about the area where you lived.
– Invite them to visit you at your new home.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that school leavers should start working immediately. Others say that they should continue their studies at university. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about something that you have borrowed from a friend. Please say
– What you borrowed, and when
– Who you borrowed it from
– Why you borrowed it
– And explain how you felt after borrowing it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What part of teaching children should parents be responsible for?
– Should children learn how to share?
– What is a good way to teach children to share things?
– Do parents teach children to share things in your country?
– What kind of things are children being asked to share?