Thanks a lot for sharing this, Tom!
Passage 1. 3 Vodafone telephone plans, prices per minute, extra minutes and more related to a mobile phone plan.
Questions: Matching a statement to one of the plans.
Passage 2. A camping place ad.
Questions: True/False/NG .
Passage 3. Student’s hotel and accommodation.
Passage 4. A letter describing college courses.
Questions: Fill in the gaps.
Passage 5. Sailing and navigation, a review of progress with navigation – from early sailors up to Columbus. It mentioned the Vikings, Greeks, Italian, Egiptian and Chinese sailors and time from navigating with moon up to developing aids such as compass, etc.
Questions: matching sentences with sailors’ nationalities, matching headings to paragraphs.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the local newspaper editor, to inform him that an article about city/town you know very well that contains some incorrect information. In your letter
– write how you know that city
– what incorrect information the article contains
– what they should do about it
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays children are less fit and healthy than they were in the past. Why is this happening? How can this problem be solved?
– Describe the place you live in, is it good for families?
– Describe the means of transport in your city.
– How to improve public means of transport?
– Talk about the favorite newspapers/ type of newspapers in your country.
Describe a cafe or a restaurant you enjoy the most. Please say
– where it is
– what kind of food they serve
– why you like this cafe/restaurant
– What kind of cafe/restaurants are there in your country?
– Talk about the social benefits of eating in a restaurant.
– What kind of factors can improve restaurants?