We are grateful to K.P. who recently took the IELTS test in Poland and remembered these questions:
Passage 1. About using wellness days during work in New Zealand.
Passage 2. Inventions in Ancient Human History.
Passage 3. A text about dinosaurs (quite a difficult one).
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a triple line graph describing visitors to 3 different areas in a European country between 1987 and 2007. Each of the 3 lines represented visitors to a particular area. The areas were the coast, the mountains and the lakes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– What may I call you?
– Do you work or study?
– Why did you choose this job?
– What do you dislike about your work?
– Did you have mathematics in your secondary school?
– Did you like math lessons? (Why/Why not?)
– Would you choose to study math now, if you could?
– Do you use math to improve your life? If so, what are some examples?
– What makes you happy?
– Is it important to be happy all the time?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about your favorite weather. You should say
– what weather is your favourite
– why it is your favourite
– what you do during this weather
– and explain how this weather affects you.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How does the weather affect people in general?
– Do people watch weather forecasts on TV nowadays? Why/why not?
– Do you think the weather affects our clothing?
– Do most of your friends like the same weather as you do?
– What kind of weather do you have in your home country?
– Is there any special celebration or a holiday linked to a certain season/weather in your country?
– Do you think the weather affects the economy of your country? If so, how?