The following IELTS test questions were shared by our kind friend R from Caracas, Venezuela.
Section 1. An inquiry about a hostel accommodation, including the cost, meals included, places to see and activities.
Section 2. Radio show related to volunteer work.
Questions: multiple choice (A, B, C or D).
Section 3. A conversation between 2 people putting together a new university brochure for students. They were talking about general information on courses, advantages to study there, types of courses, other activities.
Section 4. A lecture about optical flow and bees!
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
There will be a traditional celebration in your country and you want to invite your friend from an English-speaking country. Write him/her a letter and
– invite your friend,
– explain what happens at the party,
– describe the tradition and why it’s important in your country,
– say why it is important for your friend to be there.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that schools do not do enough to teach young people to look after their health. Do you agree or disagree?
– Do you study or work?
– What kind of job do you do?
– Describe a normal day in your life.
– What time of the day do you prefer? Why?
Describe a knowledge quiz show on TV; please say
– Why do you like this kind of show?
– Is it easy to prepare for this show?
– Would you like to participate in it?
Follow up question: Why would you like to participate in this kind of show?
– Let’s talk about competition in your life. Do you think you are a competitive person?
– Is it important to be competitive? Why?
– In business, do companies need to be competitive?
– Should companies promote competition? Why?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of competition?