A test taker from the UK remembered the following topics and questions from her recent IELTS exam. Thanks, M!
Part 1. A person enquired about a job.
Part 2. Holiday enquiries.
Part 3. About photography.
Part 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. Study of the brain in relation to a job.
Passage 2. The history of the textile/garment industry.
Passage 3. About machinery.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table showing the budgets and expenses of retirees, for singles and couples. We had to summarize and describe the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Schools should stop using books for teaching and instead use films, TV and computers. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Are you happy at work?
– Is farming common in your country?
– Do you like farming?
– How important is happiness to you?
– Can you tell me about a time when you did something to make everyone happy?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a time when you had an encounter with a wild animal. Please say
– when it happened
– where it happened
– who was there with you
– what you did
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Have you been to the zoo recently?
– Why are zoos important?
– Do you think it is good for the animals live in the zoo?
– Why do people like keeping pets?