Two of our friends took IELTS in the UK and Ukraine on the same day. Interestingly, they got the same questions in the Writing test (thank you D.R. and S.N. for sharing!)
Passage 1. About building ancient castles.
Questions: 4 True/False/Not Given questions, flow chart completion and multiple choice questions.
Passage 2. About medieval art.
Questions: matching headings, sentence completion and matching features.
Passage 3. A text about handsets.
Questions: 4 Yes/No/Not Given questions, then multiple choice and summary completion questions.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given 2 pie charts providing a breakdown of the kinds of occupation people in two cities were employed in.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that punishment is the best way to teach children to behave well, while others disagree and point out that rewarding and praising them is better. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Why did you choose this job?
– What is the best city in your country to live in?
– What do you like the most about your country?
– Do you like singing?
– Do you like listen to other people sing?
– Would you like to take some singing lessons?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you encouraged someone to do something. You should say:
– Who the person was
– What you encouraged him/her to do and why
– What the outcome was
– And explain how you felt about encouraging this person.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you encourage people to do things often?
– How can parents encourage children to do things?
– What about bosses, how can they encourage their employees?