Thanks to the good memory of an IELTS test taker from the UK, we learnt this much about a recent exam there:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph and a bar chart showing the spending on international tourism by people from six different countries in 2011 and 2012. We had to summarize the information and write a report.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
When asked to choose between a life without work and working most of the time, people would always choose not to work. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Will you change it in the near future?
– What would you like to do?
– Do you like flowers?
– Do you grow flowers at your place?
– Do you like Public Holidays?
– Do you go on vacation during this period?
– Where do you usually go?
– Who do you go there with?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about something that you wanted to do but couldn’t. Please say
– What was it?
– Why couldn’t you do it?
– How did you feel about it later?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What would have enabled you to succeed?
– Did you try to do it alone or with others?
– Would you like to try it again in the future?
– Do you believe that success and hard work are connected?