Our kind friend C.L. took IELTS very recently in the Philippines and remembered the following test questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
I was given a diagram which surprised me a lot, since I focused more on statistical reports. The diagram described the process of making clothing out of recycled plastic bottles. The process had 12 steps in total.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that new houses should be built in the same style as older houses. Others believe that the local council should allow people to choose different designs for their houses. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Tell me about your hometown.
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Can you describe your accommodation?
– What do you see from your windows?
– Are there any trees in your area?
– What trees are common in your hometown?
– Are trees useful in your hometown?
– What are your favorite trees and why?
– What makes you happy?
– Was there something you recently did that made others happy?
– Do you think it is important to be happy all the time?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a favourite toy you had in your childhood. Please say
– what the toy was
– when you got it
– how you got it
– and explain why this was your favourite toy
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What types of toys do children play with nowadays?
– Do you think children should be given fun toys or educational toys?
– Why do children love collecting toys?
– How do toy companies get children to start collecting toys?
– Is it okay to let children play computer games?