We are grateful to O.L. who recently took the IELTS test in Thailand and remembered these questions:
Passage 1. About hormones.
Passage 2. Redwood logging in the USA.
Passage 3. About the National Gallery of Australia.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two maps showing a beachfront area in Australia, in 1950 and now, and asked to compare them.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that individuals who earn a lot of money are the most successful. Others say that the individuals who contribute to the society (such as scientists or teachers) are the most successful. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– What may I call you?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you want to do in the future?
– What subject do you find the hardest?
– What distracts you from your study?
– What do you do when you get distracted?
– Is there a lot of furniture in your house?
– Has anyone ever given you a piece of furniture?
– What piece of furniture in your house do you like the most?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person you know who often helps others. You should say
– Who this person is
– Why this person likes to help others
– What this person does to help others
– And explain why you have chosen to talk about this person.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do some people like to help a stranger?
– Should wealthy nations help the poorer nations?
– There were more questions about helping that I cannot remember.