Our kind friend M.H. recently took the IELTS test in Sri Lanka and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram describing the manufacturing process of carbonated soft drinks. The process had 5 stages.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Scientists recommend making it mandatory for children to learn how to play a musical instrument. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– What kind of job do you have?
– How do you feel about your job?
– What is your favourite colour?
– What is the colour that you don’t like?
– What colour would you not choose for your room?
– Did colours matter to you when you were younger?
– What colours do people in your country like?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about an exciting book that you read. Please say
– what book it is
– when you read it
– what it is about
– and explain why you consider it exciting.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– I was asked about fiction and history books (don’t remember the exact questions).
– Why is reading important to children?
– What are the benefits of reading history books?
– What are some types of books that people read in your country?