Three test takers remembered their questions and it turns out they had the same exam in Oman, Iran and Sri Lanka. Special thank-you to N. from Iran for the maps!
Writing task 1 (a report)
The diagrams below describe the floor plan of a café 10 years ago, 5 years ago and at present.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual plans given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that educational qualifications are important to success in life. Others believe that this is not the only way to become successful. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you study or work?
– Do you prefer to do your work in the morning or evening? Why?
– What do you do in your free time in the evening?
– Who do you prefer to spend your free time with?
– Do you think spending leisure time at weekends should be different from weekdays?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe one of your neighbours who you think is interesting. You should say
– who he/she is
– how long you have known him/her
– what relationship you have with him/her
– and explain why you think he/she is interesting.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think people these days know their neighbours?
– Do you think in urban areas people usually don’t know their neighbours as well as people in rural areas?
– What does national identity mean to you?
– Is wearing some specific clothes or eating some types of food related to national identity?
– Why do you think some people cannot benefit from belonging to a nation?