The questions below were kindly shared by B.C. who recently took IELTS in South Korea:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The chart below describes the number of male and female visitors to a website in 2020-2021 (presented in hundreds of thousands).
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual chart given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries, a lot of food is wasted. Why do people waste food? How can we reduce the amount of food waste?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live (in which city)?
– What do you like about the city you live in?
– Compared to the city you lived in when you were young, what are its advantages and disadvantages?
– What do you usually do on your birthday?
– What did you do on your birthday when you were young?
– Do you feel differently about your birthday now, compared to when you were young?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a television program that you like to watch. You should say
– what program it is
– where you usually watch it and with whom
– what the program is about
– and explain why you like watching this program.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What kind of TV programs or shows do people in your country watch these days?
– Why do you think they watch those TV programs / shows?
– What benefits do people get from watching these TV programs?
– Do you think people’s preferences of TV programs change with age?
– What is the difference between the TV programs now compared to 10 years ago?
I’m glad you think so, thank you for the feedback!
Really glad this helps!
Thanks so much. The materials are quite helpful but please can I get the right answer to the barchart question
Thank you for your feedback, and we are working on your request 🙂