The questions below were kindly shared by B.C. who recently took IELTS in South Korea:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The chart below describes the number of male and female visitors to a website in 2020-2021 (presented in hundreds of thousands).
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual chart given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries, a lot of food is wasted. Why do people waste food? How can we reduce the amount of food waste?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live (in which city)?
– What do you like about the city you live in?
– Compared to the city you lived in when you were young, what are its advantages and disadvantages?
– What do you usually do on your birthday?
– What did you do on your birthday when you were young?
– Do you feel differently about your birthday now, compared to when you were young?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a television program that you like to watch. You should say
– what program it is
– where you usually watch it and with whom
– what the program is about
– and explain why you like watching this program.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What kind of TV programs or shows do people in your country watch these days?
– Why do you think they watch those TV programs / shows?
– What benefits do people get from watching these TV programs?
– Do you think people’s preferences of TV programs change with age?
– What is the difference between the TV programs now compared to 10 years ago?