The questions below were kindly shared by N. who recently took IELTS in Iran:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The bar chart below describes the gross domestic spending on Research and Development in five countries between 2001 and 2011.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual chart given in the test, it was recreated for demonstration purposes.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
These days more and more people spend their free time doing dangerous activities. Why is this happening? Are there more positive or negative effects to this trend?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
– How are birthdays celebrated in your country?
– Do you think birthdays are important? Why?
– Can you remember a special birthday you enjoyed as a child?
– Are birthdays more important to children or adults?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a book that you have recently read. Please say
– what book it was
– who encouraged you to read it
– what the book was about
– and explain whether or not you enjoyed reading this book, and why.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do people in your country prefer books written by local authors? Why?
– How can a book affect people’s thoughts?
– Can a novel written by a writer from one country be useful to people living in another country?
– Is it possible to learn how people of a certain country think from their writers’ novels and books?
– Why do some books become popular world-wide?
I WOULD LIKE TO YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT IELTS STUDENT’S.I APPRECIATED YOU THIS WORK .I HOPE YOU WILL PROVIDE THEM A SUBSTANTIAL MATERIAL ABOUT IELS SCORE BANDS .
Hello Zain, thank you for the comment. Of course we will, we regularly post recent questions, model answers, exam tips and techniques, and we will continue to do so.
Needore information about writing task 1, task 2 and speaking part 1, cue card (part 2) and part 3
If you subscribe to our daily emails, you will get all that and more 🙂
Sir , You are going a great job , please keep it up
Thank you for your feedback!