The questions below were shared by the kind-hearted J.E. who recently took IELTS in India:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The graph below describes oil consumption of 4 countries/regions from 1965 to 2015, in million barrel per day.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual graph given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many workplaces online communication has overtaken face to face meetings. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– Where do you live?
– Do you work or are you a student?
– What is your favourite subject to study?
– You said that you are interested in technology, were you passionate about it from a young age?
– What do you prefer to use, a tablet or a computer, and why?
– When did you start using computers?
– Do you think spending a lot of time on a computer is useful?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you used your mobile phone for some important work. You should say
– what you did
– when you did it
– why you had to use your mobile phone
– and explain how you felt about this experience.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Who spends more time on the phone, older or younger people?
– What do younger people use their phones for?
– What do older people use their phones for?
– Do you think people are using their phones more now compared to the past?
– In the future, will people be using their phones more or less, and why?