Our friends T and S took their IELTS tests in Pakistan and the UAE, and remembered the following details (the exams were apparently identical):
Section 1. A phone conversation with a potential employer.
Section 2. Details about an amusement park.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About a museum with different art exhibitions.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs.
Passage 2. About car services including breakdown, handling details, call centre’s operation and the services it provides.
Passage 3. About monitoring computer usage at work, to avoid personal use.
Passage 4. A memoir about shipping vessel named Mystery and it’s trip from Great Britain to Australia.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently moved to a new apartment and found some problems there. Write a letter to the landlord and explain
– What do you like about the apartment?
– What are the issues there?
– Suggest a solution to fix them.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that cooking is an essential life skill and should be taught to boys and girls in schools. Others disagree and believe it is a waste of school time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What type of apartment is it?
– What type of shops are available in your area?
– Do you like to sleep?
– What do you think about taking a nap during the day?
– What type of museums are more popular in your area? Why?
– How many museums have you visited in life?
– What did you like the most about these visits?
Talk about a motor vehicle that you want to own in the future. Please say
– What vehicle is it?
– What features will it have?
– What will you use it for?
– Did you ever drive such a vehicle?
– What is the difference between vehicles today and in the past?
– What type of vehicles will be available in the future?
– Do companies consider safety, when manufacturing a vehicle?
– What are the main reasons of most traffic problems?
– How does it affect our society?
– What can be done to change it?