Our friends T. and B. took IELTS in Oman very recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given line graphs showing the number of people employed in Australia versus the number of people working in the manufacturing sector.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that electronic games are improving the skills of young people. Others think that it is a complete waste of time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can I have your full name, please?
– Do you work or are you a student?
– Is your work tiring?
– Do you celebrate birthdays in your culture?
– What did you do on your birthday when you were young?
– Are birthdays important? In what way?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person who inspires you. You should say
– who the person is
– how you know him/her
– why he/she inspires you
– and explain what effect he/she has on your life.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think today’s children need inspiration?
– Who inspires them more, parents or teachers?
– Do you feel that children are more inspired by celebrities these days?