When T.A. took her Academic IELTS UKVI exam in Myanmar, she was asked the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the amount of funding that four different sectors (Gold, Company shares, Fine Art, and Property) received from 1998 to 2014.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In some countries, schools teach foreign languages to primary school children. Do the advantages of teaching foreign languages to young learners outweigh the disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Did you enjoy growing up in your hometown?
– Why are headphones very popular among young people nowadays?
– Do you have headphones?
– When do you usually use headphones?
– When do you avoid using headphones?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time you paid more than you expected for an item you bought. Please say
– what you paid for
– where it happened
– why you paid more
– and explain how you felt about this.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do people save money?
– Why are people buying more and more things they don’t need?
– Is it possible that people who don’t care about saving money or competitive salaries enjoy life more than those who do?
– Why do wealthy people continue to save money?
– How would you persuade wealthy people to donate money to charity?