Our friend D took the IELTS test in the UK recently and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two pie charts showing the reasons to migrate from and to a European country in 2009. All charts had the figures as percentages.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some believe that young people should have a university education, because this will bring benefits to the society in the future. Others, however, think it will lead to graduate unemployment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Why did you choose this subject?
– Do you like reading books?
– What type of books do you read?
Talk about a place that is unknown to most tourists in your country. Please say
– What is this place?
– Why is it unknown?
– What can people see there?
– Have you been to that place?
– Who did you go there with?
– Why did you go there?
– Did you like it?
– What is so special about this place?