The following update was shared by Y (thanks!) who remembered the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in Japan:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently bought a personal computer in a shop near you and it was faulty. You have visited them and asked to repair it, but they did nothing. Write a letter to their office and say
– what was the problem with the computer,
– what service you got from the shop,
– what you suggest they do.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that TV commercials are useful and others say they aren’t. Give your opinion and include examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Which room in your place do you like the most?
– What makes your place pleasant?
– Have you ever bought clothes online?
– Do you think people in your country are paying too much attention to clothes?
Talk about a way of communication that you usually use. Please say:
– What way is it?
– How often do you use it?
– What are its advantages or disadvantages?
– Some people like to write a letter better than an email. Why do you think it is so?
– Do you think letters will be completely replaced with emails in the future?