A big thank-you to M.K. who took IELTS in Japan recently and shared the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently flew with an airline and had a problem with the food on the plane. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
– Give the details of the flight
– Explain what the problem with the food was
– Say what the airline should do about it
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that children should be taught at school how to become good parents. Do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you live in an apartment?
– Can you describe your flat?
– What can you see from the window?
– Let’s talk about trees.
– Are there many trees in your area?
– Are trees important in our lives?
– What is the most popular tree in your country?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about your ideal job. Please say
– What job it is
– What skills you need for this job
– Why you would like to do this job.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What do most children want to be when they grow up?
– Why do children nowadays want to work in the entertainment industry?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of working from home?
– Can working from home be sustainable?