Our friend H took the IELTS test in Japan and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two tables showing the number of average working hours per week in three European countries: the Netherlands, Germany and the UK in 2012. The first table showed full-time jobs, the second table described part-time positions, also women and men separately. We had to summarize the information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that computer skills should be added to primary subjects in elementary school such as reading, writing and math. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Is there anything you dislike about your job?
– What kind of TV programs do you watch?
– Do you watch TV alone or with somebody?
– How often do you watch TV?
– Who is your best friend?
– Where and when did you meet?
– What do you usually do together?
– Explain the reasons of your strong friendship.
Talk about a speech you heard recently or an interesting conversation you had. Please say
– Who was the speaker/the person you had the conversation with?
– When and where did you hear the speech/had the conversation?
– What was it about?
– Why was it interesting to you?
– Do you think that it is necessary for children to listen to speeches or lectures in English?
– Why do you think so?
– Many people will be nervous when speaking or presenting to an audience. Why do you think it happens?
– Did you ever do a presentation using a PowerPoint or a similar tool?