Our friend M.O. took IELTS UKVI in Japan very recently. She emailed us and said, “I really appreciate your invaluable information. I practiced writing and speaking on your website. I hope I can help all IELTS test takers by sharing the following questions.”
Writing task 1 (a report)
I was given two maps of an Australian zoo to compare, in 1990 and at present.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In some countries, there is an increase in number of parents choosing home education for their children. Do the advantages of home education outweigh its disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can you tell me your full name, please?
– Do you work or study?
– Who helps you the most at work?
– What is your typical day at work like?
– Do you remember your dreams after waking up?
– Are you interested in other people’s dreams?
– Do you think dreams have meaning?
– Would you like to study dreams?
– Have you ever found a lost item?
– Have you ever returned the lost item you found to its owner?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a house or an apartment you would like to live in, in the future. You should say
– where it would be
– what it would look like
– why you would like to live there
– and explain how you would feel living there.
Follow-up question: Have you ever been to a house similar to your ideal house?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do younger and older people have different preferences for everyday living?
– Why do younger people want to live in the city?