Thanks to S.V. who took IELTS in Italy, today we are sharing the questions she remembered from a recent exam:
Part 1. A phone call about booking a campsite.
Part 2. A monologue regarding a hotel.
Part 3. A discussion between two students about an assignment.
Part 4. A university lecture about the first people to inhabit Asia.
Passage 1. The history of steamboats.
Passage 2. The game theory and AI.
Passage 3. The evolution of space houses.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram describing the production process of a chocolate bar, from the cultivation of the cocoa beans to the packaging of the final product.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that hosting an international sporting event is beneficial for a country, while others disagree. Do the advantages of hosting a major sporting event outweigh the disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can I have your full name, please?
– May I see your ID?
– Where is your hometown?
– What is your hometown famous for?
– Did you learn about the history of your hometown in school?
– Does colour matter to you when you buy a new car?
– Do you go to the cinema sometimes?
– What type of movies do you like to watch?
– What did you enjoy watching when you were young?
– Has watching films changed nowadays, compared to the past?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a free item or service you received. Please say:
– what item or service it was
– why it was free
– what you did to receive it
– and explain how you felt about receiving this item or service.
Follow-up question: Did you tell about this item to anyone?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do people value free things less, compared to the items they purchase? Why?
– Is there anything more valuable than money?
– What other things do people value more than money?