Our friends P and F shared the following topics and questions from recent IELTS exams in Iran and India, which were the same.
Section 1. A woman was answering survey questions. She was asked what she likes about her town and why.
Section 2. Information about music classes.
Section 3. Radio conversation about some cook books.
Section 4. Description of seeds.
Passage 1. About whales, the singing giants.
Passage 2. About bus services in New Zealand.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a complaint letter to the owner of the apartment that you have rented for a week about the poor service you received. Please include
– an explanation of the problems you have faced
– what you want the owner to do about them
– a suggestion how the situation can be improved
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that there should be a single official international language. Others oppose to this idea. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like sunny days?
– What do you do during sunny days?
– What is the difference between children’s activities nowadays and in the past?
Talk about a TV program that you watched recently. Please say
– What was it about?
– Did you like it or not? Why?
– Is advertising a good thing or not? Why?
– Should advertising be regulated?
– Why are international channels becoming more popular?
– Is it good to have a 24 hours international news channel?