Three IELTS test takers from India (thanks K, R, and D!) collectively remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your employer wants to recruit a new person for the office. Write a letter to your friend about this vacancy and say
– What job is it?
– Why is this job suitable for him/her?
– How can he/she apply for it?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that money is the most important factor for achieving happiness. However, others believe that happiness has nothing to do with money. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Which part of the country are you from?
– How long do you and your family live there?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What do you think about public holidays in your country?
– Do you think there should be fewer public holidays in your country? Why?
– What is your favourite public holiday? Why?
Talk about an instance when you invited friends or relatives for a meal in a restaurant or at home. Please say
– Whom and why did you invite?
– When and where to did you invite them?
– Describe what happened during the meal.
– Is it common to go to restaurants in your country?
– What do people cook on special occasions?
– Will people stop cooking in the future? Why?
– Why do you think people cook special food on special occasions?