The following exam was shared by our kind friend S from India (thank you!).
Section 1. About different types of advertisements.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 2. About whales and a survey related to the topic.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. About a photographer’s work described by a student as a study assignment.
Passage 1. About glaciation in the Arctic region.
Questions: True / False / Not Given and matching headings to paragraphs.
Passage 2 and 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. Bus services in countryside.
Questions: filling in blanks, True / False / Not Given.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a friend about an item you borrowed last week, that accidentally got damaged. In your letter
– Describe the item.
– What was the damage?
– What do you intend to do to rectify the problem?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some say that people should continue to work in the same job for a lifetime; others say they should change the job at least once in their career. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and support it with examples.
– Talk about your city.
– What do you like about your city?
– Why do you feel this city is not safe for youngsters?
– How is the climate in your city?
– Do many people like this city?
Talk about a wedding you have recently attended. Please say
– Whose wedding was it?
– What did you do there?
– What was so special about this event that made you remember it?
– Should weddings be kept small and humble, or big and fancy?
– Why do people want to spend so much money on weddings?
– What type of wedding do you think is better?
– Do you think grand weddings are a waste of money?
– What is your opinion on the current state of marriages?